* Common name: Tickseed ‘Zagreb’
* Botanical name: Coreopsis verticillata ‘Zagreb’
* What it is: A compact, long-blooming and drought-tough perennial flower with fine, lacy leaves and buttony golden-yellow flowers for weeks in mid-summer.
* Size: 15 to 18 inches tall with a 24- to 30-inch spread
* Where to use: Ideal massed as a front-of-the-bed edging plant in any sunny garden, including foundation plantings. Especially good in rock gardens.
* Care: Cut to ground after plant browns in fall. Also can be sheared back by one-half to one-third right after flowering to encourage a second bloom. Fertilize in spring with a scattering of Flower-tone or similar high-phosphorus organic fertilizer. Can be divided in early spring.
* Great partner: Dwarf gaillardia and/or red daylilies